In: Certificate0

A coroner has called upon the gas industry to rethink its risk categories whilst doing a gas safety inspection of gas appliances. This is following the death of a young lady in W14 West Kensington, who drowned in the bath after inhaling Carbon Monoxide fumes from her boiler. The landlord of the property in W14 West Kensington had booked in a boiler servicing and gas inspection. After the inspection the boiler’s Gas Safety Certificate stated the boiler was ‘at risk’. The young lady’s husband is adamant that the gas engineer had not warned them of how dangerous the appliance actually was. The husband claimed that the couple was not told to stop using the boiler by the professional or the landlord. The coroner said that the levels and dangers should be made clearer and that any issue with a gas appliance should be deemed as dangerous and that the continuous use of the appliance should be stopped immediately.

For the safety of your family you should always ensure that you have a carbon monoxide alarm installed and that all gas cookers, gas boilers and gas fires are inspected annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

If you would like to arrange for one of our qualified engineers to install a Carbon Monoxide alarm or if you are a landlord and need to have a Gas safety inspection and issue you a Gas Safety Certificate for your rented property, then call us on0208 906 7577 or 03333 200 484 today and we will be more than happy to book in an appointment that best suits you.