In: Certificate0

A £500 fine has been issued to a gas fitter after his illegal work left a couple suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning in their Middlesex home. The gas cooker installer was prosecuted for not being registered while carrying out gas work and for not holding up-to-date competencies need for certain types of gas work. As well as being fined £500 for breaching Gas Safety Regulations, he was also prosecuted and ordered to pay £1,500 for not complying with the Health and Safety at Work act.

The couple were taken to hospital in an ambulance after they had managed to alert a family member that they were feeling very unwell and that the husband had collapsed. The hospital then treated them for Carbon Monoxide poisoning.