A coroner has called upon the gas industry to rethink its risk categories whilst doing a gas safety inspection of gas appliances. This is following the death of a young lady in W14 West Kensington, who drowned in the bath after inhaling Carbon Monoxide fumes from her boiler. The landlord of the property in W14 West Kensington had booked in a boiler servicing and gas inspection. After the inspection the boiler’s Gas Safety Certificate stated[...]Read More about Are Gas Safety Certificates really safe?
A gas engineer in Feltham has recently been charged with manslaughter after a woman died of Carbon Monoxide poisoning at her home. The engineer has been also accused of failing to examine the effectiveness of a flue when he carried out gas safety certificate at a second property. The company of the gas engineer is also set to appear before the court after being charged with breaching section 33 of the Health and Safety at[...]Read More about Gas engineer in Feltham charged with manslaughter
A plumber who posed as a registered business issuing landlords with fake Gas Safety Certificates has been fined £750. The plumber pleaded guilty to three offences after carrying out illegal work. A warrant was issued for his arrest after failing to attend two previous hearings. After appearing in court he was issued with a £750 fine.Read More about Forging gas certificates lead to £750 fine
A gas engineer recently came across an unconventional oven installation in South London. After complaining about smelling gas from around the cooker area, the tenants decided to get in a gas engineer to investigate. When the gas engineer arrived and checked the fitting it was obvious that the correct pipe fittings were not used. The engineer who had installed the oven decided to use a shocking 3m of 8mm tubing. This meant that the oven[...]Read More about Unconventional oven installation